Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"The Midnight Express" Part II...

Photo Recap of Part I

Our adventure begins...


Chessen & Xander are excited and ready to roll while Thatcher is wondering what in the world is going on an hour after his bed time!



Chad is ready to go...




And I give the all packed thumbs up!




"The Midnight Express"




Early Saturday morning we stumble out for breakfast in the hotel.




Thatcher is pumped they have Life Cereal for him to eat!




Iowa welcome sign...almost there!



Chessen attempts to entertain himself on the drive...




Xander follows suit and Thatcher wonders how he got screwed out of a hat!



The Puppies!!!

After getting a bit lost trying to locate Deb's house, we finally arrived! Her and her husband met us out front along with several of their adult dogs. We were then led into the kitchen of their farm house where the puppies were contained in a cage. They were so cute bouncing all around waiting to be scooped up and played with. Deb got them all out and they ran all over the kitchen trying to get the boys attention. Right away we knew we couldn't take the black and white one, so Deb put her in the other room with her daughter so we could pick between the two remaining sisters. The two left were Kiss, a little chocolate brown one with a white stomach who looked like her dad; and Babe, a sable colored one who we thought looked like an Ewok!


The beautiful black and white sister that reminded us of Zoie...




Daddy, Thatcher and Chessen check out the cute little chocolate one called Kiss.




The little Ewok called Babe!




Hershey, the dad, was on site to visit with us... he was such a nice dog and he was gorgeous. I never thought I would think a brown dog was pretty, but boy was I wrong.



Mom came into the kitchen while we were looking at her pups to say hi...Babe is the spitting image of her mom when she was a young pup, according to Deb.


The Decision...

Chad and I had the hardest time trying to decide between Kiss and Babe. We knew hands down that Babe would be the striking one when she was an adult, however, there was just something about Kiss we couldn't overlook either.


Deb explained that a sable colored cocker is very rare. This was her pup's forth and last litter and it is the only time the recessive gene for the coat has shown up. Deb, herself was very excited about it and almost considered keeping Babe but knew her husband would have heart failure with the amount of dogs they already had! She then went on to explain that sable cockers also have unique eye coloring...rich warm gold eyes with a dark green rim. Well, what can I say, that did it for Chad! "Hunny, she's already a Packer fan, we have to take her." Seriously...this is what I live with on a daily basis...lol!


With our decision finalized, Deb helped us load up and we were on our way back home with a large care package from the breeder. We had to make a pit stop at Sonic, of course, but then we were on our way. By 7PM Chad and I were dragging...but we kept pushing it all the way home. The kids spent the remainder of the trip before they fell asleep thinking of names for Babe and talking about all the fun things we could do with her. Babe slept on my lap most of the way home and we finally pulled into the house at 1AM.


All I can say is, what a weekend...and wow is my butt still soar from the drive!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment