Tuesday, January 3, 2012

11/18 - 11/21 AZ Sun Trip...

As a High School graduation present, my Aunt Lisa flew me down to Arizona to spend some time with her. Ever since that trip in 1997 (yep, I'm dating myself), whenever I want to get away and clear my head... I usually head there. To this day Arizona is one of my favorite places to travel to. Not only is it home to my "Person", but there is just something beautiful about the desert...


Sharai and Kenzie made me a sign to surprise me with when I flew in late on the 18th...


The Huntington Disease Walk...
My sassy cousin, Kenzie, made walking in the Huntington Disease Walk as part of her community service project for her church educational requirements. One of the families in her religious studies class has been effected by this illness. As her Confirmation Sponsor, I was asked to participate.



Gearing up for the walk with the Highleys...

Kenzie's Church group...

And we're off...
The walk took place in a park where we followed a course laid out along a recreational pond.

Morning yoga enthusiasts are interrupted as we marched by...I am still laughing about them sitting their all "Buddha like" getting their inner karma on while this massive group of people went thundering by.

One of the many signs we seen that morning...

It wasn't all serious though... Sharai got her face painted and we got to see the "Golden Grannies" dance for the cause. Seeing 75 year old women dance to Michael Jackson and Salt & Pepper's "Push It, " has to be a first for me!

Note to self... If I can still shake my ass at 75 and look that good doing it, I'm calling my time here a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment