Tuesday, January 3, 2012

AZ Part II, Mongo In a Boat...


Some how I think I am going to have to explain this one... otherwise, the family on my side of the tree will look completely dysfunctional. I assure you, we are a little bit, but it is all in good fun! Growing up, my brother Ryan and I loved the movie Blazing Saddles. It is a spoof on Westerns and is hilarious. We still quote lines from the movie...primarily when Dave is around.

You see, when Lisa first introduced us to Dave, our first thoughts filter somewhere along the lines of "Ho Ho Ho Green Giant." The dude is tall! Anyway, Ryan and I began calling him Mongo as a joke. Mongo was this huge dude that they sent in to take out the new sheriff in the movie. He ends up not doing it because the sheriff out whits Mongo - not hard considering the guys Ox is smarter than him. Mongo and the Sheriff become friends in the film but only after some very funny one liners. Below is his famous 3rd person line from the movie... "Mongo just pawn in game of life."

Anyway, over the years we have turned those 3rd person liners he is known for into Mongo Dave lines. For example, "Mongo no like snow...or... Mongo don't like angry machine that eats snow (snow blower)".

OK, now this brings us to the hilarity of Dave trying to be a good dad and take his daughters out on a peddle boat in the park where we did the Huntington Disease Walk. Lisa and I started laughing when we walked up to this scene unfolding... really, as if that life jacket was really going to save him!



We found out later that day, Dave and the girls, learned first hand just how much of a work out those boats were... "Mongo hate stupid boat!"

Sorry Dave, ya know I love ya...

1 comment: